Monday, September 7, 2009

Back at it

Tomorrow is the first day back to work after a long, not so nice summer. Most of the time the weather was too wet or too hot and with the humidity the hot was also wet. I am glad to be going back to work because I miss having that routine every day and the weekends feel special; unlike the summer where one day is the same as the next.

I have also decided that I have to get myself in shape. I'm tired of feeling pain all the time when I know it's just a matter of losing some weight. So even though my feet start to hurt after about 10 minutes of walking and my knees start to scream obscenities at me, I will walk!! I have to take it slow and not push myself to hard or I'll give up before I can say I gave it a good try.

Today was the first walk and my goal is to walk 3 days a week for the month of Sept. Every Mon, Wed and Fri, I will park my bus down at the mall after delivering all the kids to school and go for my walk. Each week I will increase the time/distance of my walk. I will always carry my backpack too because it keeps me balanced and my back doesn't hurt.

I took the camera with me this morning and got some great shots (I hope) of a falcon sitting in it's nest and then again in flight. The pics will be uploaded later when I have a chance to put them on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
NB, Canada
I am the mother of 3 grown children and the grandmother of 3 little children. New Brunswick has been my home since 1985 but I was born and raised in Dartmouth NS. Since my accident last year I've not been riding so I've had to find other ways to de-clutter my head; scrapbooking has been a great hobby and now that I have a new camera I have been playing at being a photographer. There is a lot to learn but I have lots of time to learn it and I'm loving the pictures I take.

Followers