Tuesday, June 2, 2009

LadySlippers



My favourite wildflower is the LadySlipper and I'm fortunate to have a wooded area beside my house. They are members of the orchid family and while they look quite delicate they grow in the woods among the trees.
I never pick these flowers and I was always telling my son to leave them. Now when he sees them growing, he tells me and I go out with my camera.


Here are a few photos I took and let me tell you it was no easy task...lol...that darned wind was blowing really hard yesterday.






This photo is my favourite. The flower is out of focus and the background is clear. At first glance, when I downloaded the photos from the camera, I thought it was one for the trash bin but when I looked closer it sort of grew on me...lol



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
NB, Canada
I am the mother of 3 grown children and the grandmother of 3 little children. New Brunswick has been my home since 1985 but I was born and raised in Dartmouth NS. Since my accident last year I've not been riding so I've had to find other ways to de-clutter my head; scrapbooking has been a great hobby and now that I have a new camera I have been playing at being a photographer. There is a lot to learn but I have lots of time to learn it and I'm loving the pictures I take.

Followers